Follow Me on Twitter

Sunday 12 December 2010

Mum's Peanut Butter Cookies

My last post was my first deviation away from food reviewing, but Nigel's beetroot porridge recipe got a great response. So, I've decided to keep on with posting the occasional tasty recipe. This one is a family favorite and so mega-easy to whip up. The recipe comes from my mum. She lives in Canada - and so, in my humble opinion, does the tastiest peanut butter. I find the British stuff a little bit too sweet and oily. So, if you fancy it, get your hands on some Skippy or Kraft PB from a shop that sells the North American stuff. The picture of the batter, above, looks so dark because I used a peanut butter from the dreamiest shop in NYC. It's called Peanut Butter & Co and it is truly heaven for peanut butter lovers. On this occasion, I used their "Dark Chocolate Dreams" PB. They also do a maple syrup peanut butter, which is so good, it almost makes me cry. But, if you want to stick to the plain stuff, that works too. These cookies take no time at all to make and would make a great (cheap!) Christmas present.
Mum's Peanut Butter Cookies
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
sugar, for coating


Cream together butter and sugars. Add peanut butter and mix well. Add egg and then the dry ingredients. Roll into balls and then in sugar. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Press flat with a fork in a crisscross pattern. Bake at 350F/180C for 10 minutes. Makes two dozen scrumptious cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment