Follow Me on Twitter

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Comptoir Libanais: You had me at free BYOB

65 Wigmore Street, Marylebone, W1U 1PZ
tel: +44 (0)20 7935 1110

The honey and banana smoothies here are to die for. And you know what? That's all I had time for. But I wanted to give y'all a heads up about this place because it looks like a real gem - just moments from the madness of Oxford Street. While I was downing my smoothie I had a quick chance to peruse the deli-style menu. The first thing that caught my attention: free BYOB. No corkage fee whatsoever. Woot woot! This would be a great (and very central) place to meet your mates for some tasty Lebanese mezze. And, you can get everything on the menu to take away. The hummus looked good enough to lick. Time Out said Le Comptoir would do for Lebanese what Carluccio's did for Italian. I believe it. They've got a whole smorgasbord of beautifully packaged Middle Eastern treats. I shall be returning for a full report and lots of wine to wash down the freshly made Lavosh bread and rosewater macarons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment